i’ve recently got accepted into optometry school. after being wait listed and didnt get in the first year. i finally made it and thought i should share some tips with fellow students who wants to enter the medical/professional schools. here it goes. (you’ll notice i’m no speller)
1. be prepare: i cannot stress enough how being prepare makes a really big difference. my first interview i looked over some common interview questions. answered it in my head and thought that i was ready. i was so so wrong. you need to research the common interview questions.
tell me about yourself: they don’t want to know how many cats you have. that you’re into videos games. NO. they want to know that you’re motivated. like to be involved in the community. self disciplined. have a goal for the future. THAT the tell me about yourself they’re looking for.
what are your strength and weaknesses: don’t over sell yourself and be too cocky with your strength. be humble. but don’t UNDER sell yourself either. list a few key strength with some examples to back up your ego! DON’T be too honest about your weaknesses either. they don’t want to know how you’re lazy and spend most of your breathing hours on the couch rotting your brains away. make a list of all your strength and pick the weakest strength as a weakness in disguise. ex: time management. say something like you like to be involved in many activities and sometimes you just over booked/worked yourself and next thing you know you don’t have enough hours in a day for it all. but you’re working on managing your time better. planning everything out. and if you’re in leadership position, mention that youve learned to delegate your work among other members instead of handing everything yourself. you’re also trying to work on being such a control freak. you understand that everything can’t go your way and that you can accommodate with changes as it happens. see how you slyly mentioned how awesome you are but still come off humble?
do you have any questions for us? YES, YOU ALWAYS HAVE A QUESTION. prepare a question to ask. before the interview learn about their program ( you should already know about their program before apply!!, if not don’t even waste their time and your time.) if there’s a part of their program that you’re interested in, take not of that and ask for more information. if there’s something you wish that was a part of their program, bring that up. its something you’re interested in, can they accommodate with you in the future? or do they have something similar. becareful though, don’t ask question that you can easily find answers from through their website. that just shows that you havn’t done your homework.
there are a few more common questions. so do your homework
seriously have write out the answers out somewhere. and practice infront of a mirror. practice makes perfect -this saying cannot be more true in this situation.
3. be confident: say they throw something at you and you have no idea how to respond. THINK. its okay to take a second before you respond! you’re allow to think!! (just don’t take too too long)
4. be assertive: NEVER use these following words: maybe, i guess, perhaps, i think. that just shows that you have no direction for your future. cannot think for yourself. and is SOOOOO unreliable, undependable, indecisive, and most important: have NOTdone your homework. you should be prepare for everything!
5. wear comfortable heels ladies. most of the time, following the interview is a tour of the school/program that could take up to 2 hours. especial medical programs. you can’t really concentrate on the tour if you’re constantly thinking about how your heels are killing you!
6. dress professionally. be professionally. k
7. most important: show them that you’re invest on your future and that they’re not wasting their time on you!!
It was survival of the fittest or the fastest. We were all trapped inside a 10+ story building filled with zombies. I have to get my family and friends out, the only way for that to happen was to complete their quest. We have to make our way to the top story and obtain a piece of stripper shower curtain and make out way down.
Each story is a different setting a different event. It could be Someone’s house. A restaurant. A school. Etc. Zombies are filling the the place. People who you used to know could be one of them. They’re no longer your friends. They’re a zombie that will stop at no means trying to make you into one of them. it was all men for themselves.
this is why i should finish my thoughts instead of saving a damn draft.. bc now i can’t remember the rest of this dream.